Saturday, January 28, 2023

340 by Emily Dickinson

 

"I" created the image above using the Midjourney server in Discord by typing these words: "realistic photo funeral inside Emily Dickinson's brain." I am not sure which artists had their work ripped off by this process. Still thinking that through . . . 

340

I felt a Funeral, in my Brain,
And Mourners to and fro
Kept treading - treading - till it seemed
That Sense was breaking through -

And when they all were seated,
A Service, like a Drum -
Kept beating - beating - till I thought
My mind was going numb -

And then I heard them lift a Box
And creak across my Soul
With those same Boots of Lead, again,
Then Space - began to toll,

As all the Heavens were a Bell,
And Being, but an Ear,
And I, and Silence, some strange Race,
Wrecked, solitary, here -

And then a Plank in Reason, broke,
And I dropped down, and down -
And hit a World, at every plunge,
And Finished knowing - then -

No comments:

Post a Comment

25. "Moby-Dick" (1851) by Herman Melville Chs. 133-135 and Epilogue

  " "He raised a gull-like cry in the air. 'There she blows - there she blows! A hump like a snowhill! It is Moby Dick!'&q...